Abstracts Invited for Impaired Waters Symposium
The Impaired Waters Symposium will be January 12-13, 2011, in Miami. Hosted by The Water Environment Federation, its theme will be "Spanning the Water Quality: Continuum From Standards to TMDLs".
Abstracts addressing the following key topics are invited:
- Pollutant-Specific Issues (for example, nutrients, mercury, metals, temperature, conductivity)
- Science and Policy Aspects of Setting, Revising, and Interpreting Water Quality Standards
- The 303(d) Listing Process (including alternatives to listing such as EPA's "4b" and "5m" categories)
- Modeling for TMDL Development
- TMDL Issues and Innovations
- Urban Wet Weather/Stormwater and Nonpoint Source Issues
- Tools for Implementation (for example, adaptive management, phased or staged TMDLs, watershed-based permitting, water quality trading)
phone: (703) 684-2400 ext. 7450.